Clackmannanshire and Stirling Health and Social Care Partnership October 2019
Maureen McMaster, Planning and Commissioning Officer
- The greatest success has been the difference this has made to individuals’ independence.
- Individuals now have a far more flexible and responsive service.
- Technology enabled care gives opportunities to change services and make them more responsive and sustainable. The technology has been individualised to the person, and the cost allocated to the individual’s care budget.
- There have been cost savings, as well as unanticipated benefits in staff efficiencies.
- Local authorities and providers face challenges in recruiting sufficient care staff, so re-shaped services, with efficient allocation of staff helps address the shortage.
- Critical to success is working with a care provider which believes in the same aims, and gives the same message.