We are Just Checking Ltd. of The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB. Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at this address.
When we work with suppliers and contractors, we use limited categories of personal data in order to source and pay for products and services. The reason we use this data is to fulfil our contract with sole traders or corporates. Where corporates are the contracting party, the processing is in their legitimate interest for the fulfilment of the contract.
We use minimal personal data, as expected by the individual corporate representatives, which protects your data protection rights.
How do we use your data?
The personal data we use for sourcing and paying suppliers and contractors may include your name and contact details, bank details, transaction history, and job title. Most of this information is obtained directly from you, although sometimes we may get referrals from a third party who have recommended your services.
The data we hold in relation to completed contracts and payments may be retained for up to seven years for accounting purposes.
Your data protection rights
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you.
- If you think that information about you which we hold is incorrect or misleading, you have the right to have the information corrected provided you can demonstrate that it is incorrect.
- You can request the erasure of personal data relating to you in certain circumstances, where we do not require it to meet a legal obligation.
- You can request the restriction of processing so that your records are maintained beyond our usual retention period.
- You have the right to object to processing on the grounds that it causes you damage or distress and the right to take away a copy of your personal data in electronic format in certain circumstances.
If you would like to complete any of the above requests, you can do so by emailing [email protected].
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Just Checking Ltd, The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB — but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.