We are Just Checking Ltd. of The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB. Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at this address.
We use limited categories of personal data relating to individuals who express an interest in or purchase our products and service, either through our website or our online application.
The reason for processing this data is to promote our services by communicating with people who have expressed an interest — in data protection terms, this is in our legitimate business interests. Only name, contact details and preferred method of contact are used for marketing purposes. You control the contact by initiating it — either through a website enquiry, purchasing our product, or signing up to updates on our products and services via our application. You can request that contact stops at any time.
How do we use your data?
With your consent, we may send you updates on our products and services which we think you will find useful. We will not send you any marketing communications without your explicit consent for us to do so. You can unsubscribe to these communications at any time by either clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any emails you receive, or emailing [email protected] and asking to be unsubscribed.
Contact details will be retained for up to two years for individuals who have not purchased our product, or for those who have, up to two years after the end of your contract with us.
Transferring your data outside the EEA
In order to send marketing emails to our contact list, we use MailChimp, who operate outside of the European Economic Area. MailChimp operate in the US and subscribe to Privacy Shield, which offers protection for personal data relating to EU citizens. You can read MailChimp’s privacy notice here.
Your data protection rights
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you.
- If you think that information about you which we hold is incorrect or misleading, you have the right to have the information corrected provided you can demonstrate that it is incorrect.
- You can request the erasure of personal data relating to you in certain circumstances, where we do not require it to meet a legal obligation.
- You can request the restriction of processing so that your records are maintained beyond our usual retention period.
- You have the right to object to processing on the grounds that it causes you damage or distress and the right to take away a copy of your personal data in electronic format in certain circumstances.
If you would like to complete any of the above requests, you can do so by emailing [email protected].
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Just Checking Ltd, The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB — but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.