We are Just Checking Ltd. of The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB. Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at this address.
We use limited categories of personal data relating to employees of local authorities for the purpose of providing training and explaining and promoting the use of the system. This processing is in the legitimate interests of the controller, as it benefits our local authority clients by improving the skills of their staff. Your data protection rights are protected as we use minimal personal data and only work contact details, and we provide the option for you to request that contact from us may cease at any time.
How we use your data
The personal data we use for training purposes comprises your name, job title, contact details, employer, date of training and training feedback. Most of this information is obtained directly from you, although we may get referrals from one of your colleagues or your employer may pass your contact details to us in connection with our services. Contact details will be retained until we are made aware that you no longer work for the local authority.
Your data protection rights
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you.
- If you think that information about you which we hold is incorrect or misleading, you have the right to have the information corrected provided you can demonstrate that it is incorrect.
- You can request the erasure of personal data relating to you in certain circumstances, where we do not require it to meet a legal obligation.
- You can request the restriction of processing so that your records are maintained beyond our usual retention period.
- You have the right to object to processing on the grounds that it causes you damage or distress and the right to take away a copy of your personal data in electronic format in certain circumstances.
If you would like to complete any of the above requests, you can do so by emailing [email protected].
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Just Checking Ltd, The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB — but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.