We are Just Checking Ltd. of The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB. Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at this address.
We use limited categories of personal data relating to representatives of local authorities for marketing and customer service purposes, including sending a regular newsletter. This processing is in our legitimate business interests in keeping our local authority contacts aware of the services we offer and the benefits of using them. Your data protection rights are protected as we use minimal personal data and only work contact details, and we provide the option for you to unsubscribe or request that marketing activity cease at any time.
What data do we keep?
The personal data we use for marketing purposes comprises your name and work contact details, your employer’s name, your job title and authority level within the local authority, and information about the local authority such as whether it has any existing products or services from us and the transaction history, if any. Most of this information is obtained directly from you, although sometimes we may get referrals from one of your colleagues or your employer may pass your contact details to us in connection with our services. Contact details will be retained until we are made aware that you no longer work for the local authority.
If you choose to provide us with a testimonial relating to our services, we would also process and retain that information for up to two years. We would obtain your consent to use the testimonial at the time you provide it to us and this consent would be revocable at any time.
Transferring your data outside the EEA
In order to send marketing emails to our contact list, we use MailChimp, who operate outside of the European Economic Area. MailChimp operate in the US and subscribe to Privacy Shield, which offers protection for personal data relating to EU citizens. You can read MailChimp’s privacy notice here.
Your data protection rights
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you.
- If you think that information about you which we hold is incorrect or misleading, you have the right to have the information corrected provided you can demonstrate that it is incorrect.
- You can request the erasure of personal data relating to you in certain circumstances, where we do not require it to meet a legal obligation.
- You can request the restriction of processing so that your records are maintained beyond our usual retention period.
- You have the right to object to processing on the grounds that it causes you damage or distress and the right to take away a copy of your personal data in electronic format in certain circumstances.
If you would like to complete any of the above requests, you can do so by emailing [email protected].
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Just Checking Ltd, The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB — but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.