We are Just Checking Ltd of The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB.
When you purchase a Just Checking system, we will process certain specific categories of personal data in order to take payment, deliver the system, and where applicable apply VAT exemption. All this processing of data is necessary to fulfil a contract with the data subject (you), or on behalf of the data subject to protect their vital interests.
How do we use your data?
We use your name and contact details, card/bank details and billing address to process your payment of the system. We will also take a delivery address, which we will pass onto a third-party delivery company in order to deliver the product. We may take the initials of the individual whose home the system will be installed in, in order to provide a chart reference when we set up your system. If you are purchasing Just Checking on behalf of someone who is VAT exempt, we will take the conditions of their exemption for our records, and may pass this onto HMRC in the case of an investigation.
All the information we request is necessary for us to provide our services to you.
How do we use your loved one’s data?
When you purchase our activity monitoring services from us, we become the data processor and you become the controller, as we are processing data on your behalf. That means you own the data we process regarding your loved one. Prior to installing the system, please read our easy read data notice for individuals who have Just Checking installed in their homes here and share the information provided with your loved one.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep data relating to your contract for 6 years. We keep data relating to the financial transaction at the time of your purchase for 7 years.
Your data protection rights
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you.
- If you think that information about you which we hold is incorrect or misleading, you have the right to have the information corrected provided you can demonstrate that it is incorrect.
- You can request the erasure of personal data relating to you in certain circumstances, where we do not require it to meet a legal obligation.
- You can request the restriction of processing so that your records are maintained beyond our usual retention period.
- You have the right to object to processing on the grounds that it causes you damage or distress and the right to take away a copy of your personal data in electronic format in certain circumstances.
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Just Checking Ltd of The Mill, Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, B94 5RB but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.